what you need:
2 cups (500ml) of sugar, 5 tbls of unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/4 tsp of salt, 1 cup of evaporated milk, 1 1/2 tbls of light corn syrup, 4 tbls of butter or margarine, 1 tsp of vanilla and 1/2 a cup of chopped nuts, if desired.
what you need to do:
1. Combine sugar, cocoa and salt in a 3-3.5ml casserole dish. Stir in milk and corn syrup; mix well. Cut 3 tbls’ of butter into 3 pieces; add to the mixture.
2. Next microwave, covered, at high power for 5 minutes. Then stir to mix well and microwave un-covered at high power until the mixture reaches soft ball stage, 10-12 minutes. Test by spooning a small amount of mixture into ice cold water; it should form a soft ball.
3. Cool mixture without stirring, to luke warm (after 10 minutes casserole can be placed in shallow bowl of cool water to hasten cooling, if desired)
4. Spread remaining 1 tbls of butter on the bottom on & side of 10×6 inch (25×15 loaf dish)
5. Stir vanilla & nuts into cooled mixture; beat until fudge becomes thick & begins to lose its gloss & hold its shape. Quickly transfer fudge to prepared dish; spread evenly, cut into squares when firm.